Pricing – CAP-IT Passportal
Passwords are THE most important security defense you can put in place
Do you have employees?
Do they have access to the company passwords?
I am willing to bet that your passwords are kept in one of two places. Either a piece of paper in your desk or wallet/purse or in a file on your computer called “Password”. If you are not doing that, then you are using the same few passwords everywhere. If I ma mistaken, you are an exception.
I have been in this business for over 32 years working with small businesses, home based businesses and individuals and this is what they do. They also save their passwords in their browsers so the can open the programs faster. That was fine in 1990 but not in 2021.
Things to Consider
- Never save your passwords in your internet browser – if it says “do you want me to save that password,” say NO!
- The same is true of any programs you use like QuickBooks
- All passwords need to be a minimum of 8 characters long and contain a Capital letter, a Lower case letter, a number, and a special character
- We do not recommend a spreadsheet on your computer with all your passwords in it. Even if it is password protected.
We have a program that we use, recommend and sell that does all of the following:
- Allows you to keep your personal passwords separate from your business passwords that only you can see
- Allows you to keep business passwords available for employees to see and use
- If an employees leaves, you just turn off their access to the PassPortal program and your information is safe.
- Allows you to organize your passwords, so they are easy to find
- Automatically keeps a history of all old passwords – just in case
- There is an App you can put on your phone that is also secure and puts all your passwords at your fingertips any time
- There is a browser plugin that will interact with the program and will automatically and safely log you into your web-based programs automatically
Now for the Good News - it only costs $3.95 per user per month, That is a really cheap price to pay for the peace of mind knowing your passwords are good and safe.
Some of the reasons you would want to use CAP-IT Passportal in your business are as follows:
- When we set this system up in your business for your employees, there is no way they can delete emails by mistake or on purpose.
- The system will keep a complete history of an application’s, email’s or website’s passwords if ever needed
- If/when an employee leaves, you can turn off their access to the passwords in seconds
- You have a complete history of the emails your employees see
- If you and/or your employees want to install the app on your phone, there is a great app that gives you the ability to take your passwords with you.
- Hackers cannot log in and find your passwords in a document
- There is even an app that will allow the system to work with your browsers so you can be more efficient – and safe.
- If you are in an industry where security is important, this is a great tool to have in your security tool set.
CAP-IT PassportalCorporate class Password Protection
We will help you set up the system but we will not have access to the passwords
You can use the same system for you personally and your employees. They can not see your passwords
As a fringe benefit, you can give your employees the ability to store their personal passwords in the system. You will not be able to see them.
If the employee leaves, you can cut off access immediately and print out a report of their passwords for them to keep.
This is the same system that the MSP Management companies use to manage all their customer's passwords so you know it is the best out there.