2015 promises to be a banner year in Identity Theft. With the successes the Bad Guys had in 2014, they will certainly step it up in 2015. Identity Theft is subject to supply and demand just like anything else. For the Bad Guys to maintain their income, they need more identity theft items (Social Security Numbers, credit cards, drivers licenses, etc.). The prices on the Black Market are constantly being reduced due to a greater supply.
What can you do?
1. Protect your computer – Update constantly and make sure you have current antivirus protection
2. Be aware of where you use your credit cards when shopping on the Internet – go to familiar places
3. Watch your credit card statement and checking accounts constantly
4. Have a good Anti-Theft protection subscription that monitors credit activity
5. Pay attention to the information all these systems are giving you – does no good if you ignore a warning
Why do we not do these things? It is usually one of three reasons:
A. We don’t know how
B. We don’t want to do it
C. We don’t have or want to take the time to do it
In Roy Vaden’s new book “Procrastinate on Purpose” he talks about time and ways to create time. One of the ways we can create time is to delegate processes that we do not have to do to someone that can do it better and more efficiently. We are all wanting to spend more time with our families, hobbies or other activities. We do not want to spend time maintaining our computer, looking at email alerts, backing up our computers. Saunders Business Solutions can handle items 1, 4 and 5 above with our CAP-IT programs. Feel free to call or email us and we will be glad to give you more information on how we can create time for you in 2015.